Dear Valued Customers,
With the increase in cases of COVID-19, we want to share with you that Economic is focused on the health and safety of our employees, partners, and customers. We are closely monitoring the community spread of COVID-19 and are following the recommendations of national and local public health authorities.
An overview of the safety precautions we have implemented as well as the steps taken to ensure business continuity can be found below.
Employee, Partner and Customer Health and Safety:
- We have implemented safety protocols in our office; including, employee and visitor screening, hand sanitizing stations, mandatory mask wearing, reduction in in-person office staff, and enforced social distancing.
- Warehouse staff and drivers are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Warehouse and office spaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Sales and client related services are to be kept to an as-needed basis, and optional visits suspended until we return to an orange or yellow level.
- Employees who have symptoms, have come in contact with, or potentially come in contact with someone with COVID are required to take a COVID test with negative results (and quarantine depending on situation) prior to coming back to work.
- We are equipped with the IT infrastructure necessary to support remote working for management and office staff, as the need arises. Sales staff is already working remotely.
- Warehouse staff has been increased to ensure adequate coverage in the event that an employee gets sick or needs to quarantine. Backup staff has been identified for all critical team members.
- We regularly engage with our critical suppliers to confirm they have COVID plans in place. Management has also secured alternate suppliers to help mitigate supply chain shortages, as well as increased stocking levels in anticipation of extended product lead times.
Even with these efforts, we anticipate delays, product shortages and causes for substitutions to be used during this unprecedented time. Please know that all staff members of Economic are doing their best to support you, our client, as we have for the past 41 years and will continue to do into the future.
We appreciate your continued business and partnership. We know that you are relying on us to remain open and to support your business needs. We assure you that we are doing everything in our power to maintain the level of support you have grown accustomed to from Economic.